The mission trip to Haiti was amazing, I really can’t express my self in words. Check out molehaiti.wordpress.com. While I was there I got all the mangos and avocados I wanted. We had 5 day coolers and they allowed me to take some stuff: carrots, celery, Ezekial bread, grapes, and these 2 recipes. I also had almond butter, other snacks, and barley, carrot, and beet powder to mix in water, and of course, juice plus. They fixed rice and beans and cole slaw Haitian style that was very yummy.
No bean hummus
- 2 zucchini, peeled (if you want) and big chopped
- 1/2 C fresh lemon juice or less if you don’t want it so strong
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 TBSP ground cumin
- 3/4 C raw Tahini (seseme seed paste)
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth. This is a great dip for veggies.
Salsa – sorry I don’t measure any more, just throw in what feels right – listed most to least. Leave out what you don’t like.
- Bell and/or spicy peppers
- Swiss chard
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh garlic
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- sea salt
- (Can add mango and/or avocado)