- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat gluten
- 1 package rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
Put all ingredients in bread machine in order of water, honey, flour, gluten, salt, and yeast last.
Stop machine after first kneading. Roll out dough on pizza pan or stone and let it rest 15 minutes to rise. Add sauce and toppings.
If making without bread machine, knead full 15 – 20 minutes by hand.
Alfredo sauce to spread on crust (can use this for pasta and veggetables too)
- 2 C raw cashews
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 C water, as needed
- 1/4 C parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 C basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 3 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
Soak cashews in 2 cups water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse. In a blender or food processor mix cashews, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and water into a fine cream. The sauce should be thick but pourable. Add more water if necessary, fold in chopped herbs.
- chopped spinach
- chopped sundried tomatoes
- chopped olives – I like Kalamata
- sauted onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a little water
Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 to 18 minutes.
Additional toppings after pizza is cooked:
- Like parmesean cheese: pine nuts seasoned with sea salt milled in food processor.
- I like the red pepper flakes sprinkled on the pizza too.
Thanks to Hallelujah Acres for the sauce and cdkitchen for the crust – I just changed the sugar to honey.